Are Facebook Business Page’s Dead?
In this post, we cover 5 ways to use your Facebook business page to it’s fullest potential…and what that potential really looks like when it comes to converting “likes” to customers.
If you’ve ever been discouraged by the engagement (or lack there of) on your Facebook business page…you’re not alone.
You feel like it’s pointless to post there, you wonder if it is really making a difference and honestly…you wonder if your time could be better spent somewhere else.
I’m here to assure you that Facebook business pages are NOT dead…but they certainly aren’t what they used to be either.
How you leverage your business page today is different than it was 5 years ago when I first got started in online business. Back then, when you posted…people actually saw what you wrote!
Crazy, I know!
We knew back then about the different levels of engagement you get when you post a link to an outside source or a picture…versus just plain text (which had the broadest reach).
These days Facebook issues announcements letting us know that engagement is going to get even worse as they want to make sure their platform is giving the people what they want…more access to information from their friends.
What I really hear them saying though, and what I’ve always heard them saying, is that they want businesses to pay in order to reach the right people. And Facebook makes it really easy for you to WANT to pay them, Facebook has a HUGE reach and excellent audience targeting.
I don’t think Facebook business pages are dead. I do think there is a good, better and best way to maximize your use there and this is going to look different based on the industry you’re in. For the purposes of this blog, I’m speaking specifically to those who are running service based businesses online.
Let’s dig into the specifics!
5 Ways Your Business Page Can Work For You
- Think of it as a landing page of sorts between your personal profile (which you use to comment in groups) and your client/relationship funnel.
- It’s a place to promote your opt in or Facebook group in the header image and/or the pinned post.
- Your Facebook page speaks to your authority (likes and engagement) and gives people a quick glimpse of the content you put out so they know if you’re the solution to their problem.
- As people like your page, visit your website or opt in to your mailing list…you’re building a targeted audience for Facebook ads.
- Your business page is the most effective place to live stream from. You can share it into groups, you can run ads to the stream and you can update the static image and get audience insights in a way that isn’t available when you stream from a group.
Are you optimizing your Facebook business page using these tactics?
Are you posting there at least 1-2x a week with new information relevant to your ideal client?
If you’re not, it’s okay! You can start now. If you’re building your business primarily through organic methods in groups…get started like right now.
Your personal and business pages are funnels to building a relationship and eventually working with you.
Need help optimizing your personal and business pages for conversion? Click here to check out a video tutorial I did on just this topic!
If you’re loving this content and want to get more…come over to my Facebook Community, Marketing Your Business Mastermind. Each week I share content like this and then break it down still further into more detailed and action oriented content.